Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lack of updates

Hey everyone,

I know it's been like, forever since I posted an update.  This is because not a lot of work has gone into CoA in the past little while.  I am frankly too busy with trying to find solid work in my city and until that is sorted out I simply don't have the time to worry about or enjoy anything else.  Just like as in "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs" I have to sort out the base-line stuff of food, survival and so on before I can do anything about self expression, creativity, etc etc.

This sucks as much for me as it does for you.  You guys don't get to play CoA yet and I don't get to have CoA finished and tucked under my belt yet.

The game is pretty solidly a third finished, some good mechanics are in there and the way I want them and some additional spells and effects and graphics have been made.  Aside from mapping and scripting the remaining two-thirds of the game there is still some pretty solid work that needs to be done on a few sprites but it's not so bad anymore now that the protagonist is done and the design for the baron has been set down.

Anyway I'm not here to ramble, but when I get stable in this real world thing I'll pour the work on CoA and get the story cooking.  (I know now pretty much the whole story progression and development, oh man you guys are gonna love it!)

Stay tuned, but patiently.  :P

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job hunt! I think the game is worth waiting for, so go get those needs nailed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I and many others wish you would release dev builds like other games, we wish more for your happiness and continued well-being. You are one of those important citizens of the interwebs that actually produces and distributes content. Without people like you, we would still be fapping to playboy (boooooor-ing). Happy Zombie Jesus Day, and good luck with stabilizing your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it i hope you will complet it

    ReplyDelete
  4. As one job hunter to another, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thanks. I have some interesting opportunities in process at the moment, one of which would provide not only ample income but lots of free time (in a remote northern location) so I would have lots of time to stay indoors, hiding from the snow, and having time to work on the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it had a good internet connection I'd say that's damn near perfect. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete